When the app is first loaded, WhatsApp has a default wallpaper. However, you can also personalize your chat by using different wallpapers.
In fact, you can use different WhatsApp wallpapers for all chats, or set specific wallpapers for individual chats.
There are also wallpapers designed for dark mode. If you use WhatsApp’s dark mode, you might want to check it out too.
Also, you can change the wallpaper on the mobile app as well as WhatsApp web and WhatsApp desktop.
Change your WhatsApp wallpaper
If you’ve ever wanted a different WhatsApp background to change, we’ve got you covered. You will find that changing your WhatsApp wallpaper is not only possible but easy to do as well.
How to Change Wallpaper for All Chats on Whatsapp Mobile App？
To change the wallpaper for all chats using your phone on WhatsApp mobile app:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone;
- Click the settings gear in the lower right corner (on Android phones, click the three dots button in the upper right corner of the screen);
- Click Chat (click Settings, then click the Chat on Android);
- Click chat wallpaper;
- Tap to choose wallpaper and choose between bright, dark or solid color or even your photo (you can drag the wallpaper dim slider right to darken the theme or left to lighten the theme on Android);
- Choose your favorite wallpaper;
- Click the set wallpaper button when done
If you want to change the wallpaper to a different theme, go to Settings > Chat > Themes and follow the steps above.
How to change the WhatsApp wallpaper for a specific chat on a mobile device?
Let’s say you want to use a specific wallpaper background for a specific person or chat:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone;
- Click on the specific chat;
- Click here for contact information at the top (click the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner of Android);
- Click on wallpapers and sounds, choose your favorite wallpaper (click on wallpaper, choose your favorite wallpaper. It can be a photo of a person, for example, your wife or kids, anything on Android);
- Click Set Wallpaper when finished. The wallpaper you choose will immediately apply to that specific person or chat, while your other chats will still keep your other wallpapers
These are the steps you will take to change the chat wallpaper individually. Now, we’ll check out WhatsApp wallpapers on your computer.
How to Change Your WhatsApp Wallpaper on Computer?
WhatsApp also allows you to change the wallpaper on your computer, whether you’re using WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop. The process is exactly the same for both platforms.
In fact, there are more wallpaper options on WhatsApp Web, including wallpapers with graffiti. However, unlike the mobile app, there is no option to set a wallpaper for a specific chat on the desktop.
Here’s how to change the wallpaper for all chats (WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop) on a desktop computer:
- Go to WhatsApp web or open WhatsApp desktop on your computer;
- Tap the three-dot menu button (vertical for WhatsApp Web, horizontal for WhatsApp Desktop);
- Tap Settings, then click Chat Wallpaper;
- Browse the color options and hover over the color to preview;
- Did you find something you like? Just click it to select and apply it
As you can see, changing the wallpaper for your computer on WhatsApp is very easy. You can change the wallpaper at any time, as many times as you want.
Spice up your chats with a brand new background
Did you know that your wallpaper can actually affect your mood while you’re chatting? If you’re having a bad day, using a photo of your loved one’s smile as your wallpaper can do wonders for your mood.
Experiment with different wallpapers until you find one you like, which you can then use as your long-term wallpaper.
This is one of several other WhatsApp tips and tricks to help you get more out of the popular chat and instant messaging app.